Enhance your program’s quality
Just as your young learners are always changing and learning, your program can benefit from opportunities to grow and improve as well. Consider these options to enhance the great work that you're already doing in your program.
The bonds you build with the children in your program are critical, but the relationships you have with their families are also important. The following resources can help you understand what it means to have quality engagement with your families, how you’re currently doing in this area, and how you can improve:
- Family Engagement Toolkit
- The Harvard Family Research Project
- Strengthening Families Protective Factors framework, Center for the Study of Social Policy
- The Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Interactive Framework
- Epstein’s Framework of Six Types of Involvement
- The U.S. Department of Education’s, Partners in Education A Dual Capacity-Building Framework for Family-School Partnerships
Your child care program can be accredited through national and international accrediting bodies. The following have been approved by the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning in partnership with Paths to QUALITY™. You may also consider these accrediting bodies outside of Paths to QUALITY™ participation:
- Council on Accreditation (COA)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Association for the Family Child Care (NAFCC)
- National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- National Afterschool Association (NAA)
On My Way Pre-K / Indy Preschool Program
If you are a provider in Marion or Bartholomew Counties and have advanced to Level 3 or Level 4 in Paths to QUALITY™, you may consider applying to participate in On My Way Pre-K. Marion County programs are also eligible to participate in the Indy Preschool Program initiative. Being in a network with other qualified providers, you can receive additional support for your program.
Our Pre-K Project Manager, Marla Segal, assists Marion County programs who are interested and provides support to current Indy Preschool Program and On My Way Pre-K providers with tracking attendance, ISTAR-KR, family engagement, child enrollment, and other program assistance that you may need.
Bartholomew County providers can contact Erica Woodward for assistance at 800.755.8558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.